|Posted on January 26, 2017 at 6:30 PM|
Greetings to all and Happy New Year!
The Kimball Rod & Gun Club had another successful year. Here are a few recaps of 2016 and what is happening in 2017.
• With help from the MN DNR Trap Range grants we have completed our 4th trap house.
• We now have a couple new shooting shelters in the rifle range. There is a covered shooting shelter at the Long Yardage Range thanks to Bryce Nehring’s Eagle Scout project. There are also 2 shelters in the pistol/short yardage Range.
• KRGC is home to the Kimball and ROCORI High School Trap Teams. Last spring we held our 2nd Annual Kimball HS Trap Tournament and over 150 youth shooters participated!
• KRGC hosted its first ever Veterans Shoot on May 28th. Profits from this day were donated to Disabled Veterans of MN, St Cloud Chapter 9.
• REMINDER: current members using the RIFLE RANGE will only be allowed to bring one non-member to the range with them. If this non-member makes repeated trips to the Rifle Range with a member they will need to purchase a membership.
• Our club is 100% volunteer unlike other facilities. Once again our members stepped up to the plate in 2016. We appreciate all of the volunteer time that everyone put in to help keep this club moving in the right direction.
• During the months of February and January we are planning on doing a couple Jackpot Trap Shoots. Keep your eyes on our website calendar for future dates and details.
• Saturday Feb. 4th we will host the MN DNRs Firearm Instructor Training Course. Check out our website calendar page for details if you are interested in participating.
• Our 9th Annual Wild Game Feed Night will be held February 25th at the Kimball Legion. Starts at 5 pm, EAT at 6 pm. We will be handing out Trap League awards that night for adults and the YOUTH League. It will be a POTLUCK, so bring your favorite dish (wild game or not, also deserts, breads, etc). Please bring a food shelf item to be donated to the Kimball Food Shelf. Any questions please contact Tim Peglow, 320-398-2586.
Our Wild Game Feed is a fun night with door prizes, great food, and the chance to meet other members. Bring your friends and family, everyone is welcome! High School Trap and Youth Participants are encouraged to attend! Let’s have a great 2017, see you at the Wild Game Feed!
Roy Winkelman www.kimballrgc.com
President [email protected]
Kimball Rod and Gun Club like us on facebook: kimballrgc